South Sudan’s Ministry of Petroleum has invited a shortlist of companies to bid for the environmental audit of the country’s oil fields. The audit will cover current producing oil fields in Blocks 3 & 7, Blocks 1, 2 & 4 and Block 5A.
The following companies have been invited to bid:
- Alamaya Eco-choice and CADG
- Envage Associates Co Ltd.
- Bright Heritage & FISSAS studies
- Panloy & SGS Belgium, Malaysia, Kenya Consult
- CO WIAS Bridge Consult and Environ-care Waste Management
- Petro-Mall, Digby Well and Covea Consultants
- CSI International & Bomatech Electric
- Sound Environmental Consultant
- Optimum Engineering & Earth view
- Rich Flood International Ltd.
- Kurrent Technologies Ltd.
Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the National Competitive Bidding Procedures contained in the Government’s Interim Public Procurement and Disposal Regulations 2018 and all tender proposals must be submitted in the format provided in the tender documents.
By launching an environmental audit, South Sudan aims to reduce oil pollution and strengthen enforcement and regulatory oversight. The audit is being conducted ahead of any new exploration or drilling activity and is intended to increase environmental protections while capitalizing on the country’s natural reserves.